Motion Graphics Designers - Mid & Heavyweight
We're looking for Motion Graphics stars
Hi. We’re Skeleton, a video content agency that crafts creative and engaging videos for our clients. We’re a friendly, close-knit team of specialists who believe in continually learning and pushing ourselves.
We help diverse businesses & brands from all over the globe get the most from video (think Boots, Samsung, and Airbus). Our dream is to become the UK’s most-loved video agency famous for our creativity, technical wizardry, and the amazing results we achieve for our clients.
About the role
Working as part of our in-house motion design team, you’ll use your excellent motion graphics skills to create video content that Skeleton can be proud of. Creative inspiration and ideation is key to this role, as is confidence and clarity when presenting your ideas to the team and/or Skeleton’s clients. You’ll develop a deep understanding of the client’s objectives and meet them with exceptional visual imagery. You’ll be involved in each project from early creative development stages, through to asset design, final animation and delivery.
You’re talented, imaginative and passionate about Motion Graphics, with a broad, expert knowledge of different techniques, both 3D to 2D. You use your creative inspiration to flex with the individual needs of each project. You enjoy working autonomously as well as part of a team. You’re also efficient and nimble, with some great creative problem solving skills. You’re great at getting to the heart of the client’s objectives and delivering against them with outstanding work.
If your heart's pounding just thinking about the opportunity, we'd love to hear from you!
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- In collaboration with department Seniors, lead the development of 2D and 3D motion graphics projects
- Interpret creative briefs and contribute to the creative development process
- Work with the sales and production team to develop the project scope - including time & resources required
- Create elements for all key production stages from design: styleframes, mood boards and storyboards, to asset creation: characters, environments, graphic devices and type, to animation
- Maintain excellent, professional relationships with Skeleton’s clients, our internal team and freelancers
- Present work in progress in a timely manner, for peer review
- Work to project schedules and deliver exceptional work.
What you'll bring to the table
- 5-7 years (minimum) experience in motion graphics
- The ability to lead on the development of 2D and 3D animation projects
- Capable of designing and creating assets in 2D such as characters and vector graphics/ illustrations
- Highly capable in creating style frames, concept mood boards and storyboards
- Excellent understanding and capability in design layout and typography
- Excellent knowledge of Cinema 4D and external renderer Redshift; along with compositing in After Effects and/or other compositing packages
- High level of proficiency in After Effects including 2D character animation. Comfortable in using and manipulating third party plugins such as the Trapcode Suite
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to create animation assets and artwork
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- The ability to manipulate audio, edit music tracks and add sound design using Premiere Pro or Adobe Audition.
- Be passionate about motion graphics and have a real drive to create great work
- Show leadership at every project stage from ideation to execution
- Be up to date on the latest design trends and curious to explore new creative possibilities
- Inspire other team members with your ideas
- Be confident and self-assured and comfortable presenting your ideas to both Skeleton’s internal team as well as to clients
- Be personable and enjoy working in a team
- Be proactive, agile and organised - even under pressure
- Be a great problem solver
- A sense of humour is always a plus ;-)
What we're offering
£35-38K, depending on experience
A personal training budget of £500 per year that will complement your personal development plan
Joint-funded workplace pension
25 days annual leave (plus 8 days bank holidays)
Other Cool Stuff
Hybrid working model
Access to over 300 offers and discounts via Perkbox including:
A Free monthly cinema ticket
A Free weekly coffee
Free mobile phone insurance
Regular social events
Christmas & Summer parties (Covid dependant)
Early 5 pm finish on Fridays
Professional development pathways
Mental wellbeing encouraged and supported
Terms & Conditions
Subject to a 3-month probationary period