[ROLE FILLED] We're Hiring: Camera Operator / Edit Support RoleBy Jonathan English | 10:12 AM on February 9, 2017
We're hiring again!
Yes, the Skeleton team is hoping to add a new and brilliant person to our ranks. We're looking for a Camera Operator to join us in creating awesome video content for our clients.
If you know someone perfect for the role, please share this post with them. (Details on how to apply are below.)
Keep scrolling for the job spec:
*This role has now been filled! Thank you to everyone who applied!*
Camera Operator / Edit Support Role
Hi. We’re Skeleton, a video production agency that crafts creative and engaging videos for our clients. We’re a friendly, close-knit team of specialists who believe in continually learning and pushing ourselves.
We help diverse businesses & brands from all over the globe to get the most from video (think Boots, Samsung, and the NHS). Our aim is to become the UK’s most-loved video agency famous for our creativity, technical wizardry, and the amazing results we achieve for our clients.
About the role
We're looking for a talented Camera Operator with a creative eye and the ability to see a project through from creative development to filming to helping our editor finish the final video(s). Something like 80% filmmaking genius, 20% edit ninja.
You’ll be working in our colourful main office at the University of Nottingham’s Innovation Park (featuring inspirational fish tank and wall art). You'll join our Skeleton family, which is small enough that we all know each other's favourite songs but big enough to allow you to cultivate your own unique skillset. On a day-to-day basis you’ll be working directly with key clients, from universities to FTSE 100 companies to startups, to understand and transform their needs into beautiful film.
In short: we’re looking for an experienced, imaginative, creatively and technically-minded filmmaker who enjoys working as part of a team to solve exciting & challenging client problems and create videos we’re all proud of. If that's the sort of thing that gets your heart pounding, we'd love to hear from you.
What you'll bring to the table
- At least 5 years’ professional experience filmmaking
- Exceptional skills in operating a camera, from framing to focus to exposure, etc.
- Full UK driving license and car
- A strong understanding of and experience with various codecs, formats and resolutions, and the ability to export in these
- Great knowledge of different lenses and their pros and cons
- The ability to record sound on location with radio / boom mics
- Broad comprehension of lighting set-ups
- Advanced knowledge of using equipment like jibs, sliders, steadicam / MoVi / Ronin
- High competence in using Premiere Pro CC
- The ability to craft compelling narrative edits alone and workflows to set up projects for the Senior Editor
- Excellent time management and people skills — you will be on location with our clients regularly as well as working with film crews
- Organised in looking after all filming kit and making sure it is kept in good working condition
- The ability to work with the production team before filming to create shot lists as well as other essential pre-production documents to inject creativity into the shoot
- CAA approved drone pilot
- The ability to use After Effects to create simple motion graphics for videos or make amendments to existing AE projetcs
- Knowledge of colour balancing / grading
- A general interest in camera technology and an awareness of new and exciting kit to help us make our videos even better
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Initiative and a tendency to be proactive
- Being well-organised and systematic, even under pressure
- Enjoying working with team-mates and customers to build long-lasting relationships
- The ability to attend client meetings and represent the business professionally
- A sense of humour is always a plus!
What we're offering
- Salary depending on experience
- Bonus scheme
- Joint-funded workplace pension
- Paid mileage for productions
- Full time - 37 hours a week (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm)
- 1 hour lunch
- Occasionally you may be expected to work longer days and this will be accounted for with time in lieu
- 20 days annual leave (plus 8 days bank holiday) and an additional day for every year completed with us
Extra Cool Stuff
- Subsidised team drinks twice a month
- Discounted University sport/gym membership (to help counteract the above benefit)
- Bike-to-Work scheme
- 50% off on-site parking
- Christmas and Summer parties
- Childcare vouchers
- Adorable office chocolate labrador
- Early 5pm finish on Fridays
- We have Table Tennis tournaments and they’re awesome
Terms & Conditions
- Subject to a 3 month probationary period
How to apply
This role has now been filled! Thank you to all our wonderful applicants :)