We're Hiring: CinematographerBy Jonathan English | 11:45 AM on July 23, 2018
We're hiring again!
Yes, the Skeleton team is hunting for a brilliant person to join our Nottingham office. We're looking for a Cinematographer to help us create stunning films that open minds and inspire change.
If you know someone perfect for the role, please share this post with them. (Details on how to apply are below.)
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE DON'T EVEN TRY!
Hi. We’re Skeleton, a video content agency that crafts creative and engaging videos for our clients. We’re a friendly, close-knit team of specialists who believe in continually learning and pushing ourselves.
We help diverse businesses & brands from all over the globe to get the most from video (think Boots, Samsung, and Airbus). Our dream is to become the UK’s most-loved video agency famous for our creativity, technical wizardry, and the amazing results we achieve for our clients.
About the role
We’re looking for a talented Cinematographer with a creative eye and the ability to see a project through from creative development to filming to helping our editor finish the final outputs. Something like 80% filmmaking genius, 20% edit ninja.
If you are an experienced, imaginative filmmaker who enjoys working as part of a team to solve exciting & challenging client problems and create videos we’re all proud of, we’d love to hear from you.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Researching and developing creative treatments for client projects and Skeleton marketing projects
- Working with the production team before a shoot to create shot lists as well as other essential pre-production documents that will inject creativity into the shoot
- Responsibility for the logistics of a shoot including the setup and packdown of a production
- Providing reassurance and creative problem solving on location
- Site visits and evaluating shoot locations
- Managing and maintaining our production equipment, including our drone
- Identifying and suggesting ways each production can be the best it can be, and making it’s budget work hard.
- Researching and developing new techniques to ensure our content is always seen as high-end and on-trend
- Managing media prior, during and after a shoot, including responsibility for backing up footage on location and on return to the office.
- Providing edit support from the ingestion of rushes to assembly edits
What you'll bring to the table
- At least 3 years’ experience filmmaking
- Exceptional skills in operating a camera; from framing, to focus, to exposure, etc
- Full UK driving license and car
- A strong understanding of and experience with various codecs, formats and resolutions
- Great knowledge of different lenses and their pros and cons
- Being able to record sound on location with radio/boom mics
- Broad comprehension of lighting setups
- Experience in using apparatus like tripods, sliders, steadicam/MoVi/Ronin
- Premiere Pro skills to edit both the videos you have filmed and edit support for other projects
- Ability to export in various formats and codecs
- Excellent time management and people skills - you will be on location with our clients regularly as well as working with film crews
- Organised in looking after all filming kit; making sure it is kept in excellent working condition
- CAA approved drone skills
- Using After Effects to create simple motion graphics for videos/make amendments to existing AE projects
- Knowledge of colour balancing/grading
- A general interest in camera technology and to be aware of new and exciting kit to help you and us make our films even better
What we're offering
- Gross salary depending on experience
- Quarterly bonuses
- A personal training budget of £500 per year that will compliment your personal development plan
- Joint-funded workplace pension
- Full time - 37 hours a week (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm)
- 1 hour lunch
- You may be expected to work beyond normal hours to meet deadlines
- 20 days annual leave (plus 8 days bank holiday) and an additional day for every year completed with us
Extra Cool Stuff
- Monthly and Quarterly team activities funded by the company
- Bike-to-Work scheme
- 50% off on-site parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Adorable office chocolate labrador
- Early 5pm finish on Fridays
Terms & Conditions
- Subject to a 6 month probationary period
How to apply
Complete the application form here: APPLY NOW