We're Hiring: Junior Motion Graphics DesignerBy Jonathan English | 1:44 PM on October 31, 2018
We're hiring again!
We're looking for a talented and creative Junior Motion Graphics Designer to support our mid-weight and senior motion graphics designers. ills and the ability to lead in the development of animation projects, from storyboarding and asset design to the final animation.
If you know someone perfect for the role, please share this post with them. (Details on how to apply are below.)
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE DON'T EVEN TRY!
Hi. We’re Skeleton, a video content agency that crafts creative and engaging videos for our clients. We’re a friendly, close-knit team of specialists who believe in continually learning and pushing ourselves.
We help diverse businesses & brands from all over the globe to get the most from video (think Boots, Samsung, and Airbus). Our dream is to become the UK’s most-loved video agency famous for our creativity, technical wizardry, and the amazing results we achieve for our clients.
About the role
You'll be working in our colourful main office at the University of Nottingham's Innovation Park. You'll join team Skeleton, which is small enough that we all know each other's favorite songs but big enough to allow you to cultivate your own unique skill set.
On a day-to-day basis you'll be working as part of the motion team alongside the broader commercial team as we work with key clients, from universities to FTSE 100 companies to startups, help turn their ideas into beautifully appealing animation.
In short: we're looking for a talented, imaginative and passionate Junior Motion Graphics Designer that is willing to work hard, learn fast and grow with our business. You must enjoy working autonomously and as part of a team to solve exciting & challenging client problems, creating animations we're all proud of. If your heart's pounding just thinking about the opportunity, we'd love to hear from you!
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Eager to learn and stay on top of new trends and technologies.
- Engaging in regular critiques of work with Senior and Middleweight Motion Graphic Designers.
- The ability to create storyboards, moodboards and styleframes under the direction of a senior or middleweight motion graphics designer
- Manage and track your time in toggle and the PMS.
- Interpret creative briefs and contribute to the creative development process.
- Animating and designing assets for 2D animations
- The ability to work to a committed or tight deadline
- Due to the nature of the business, working overtime may be required from time to time.
- Some proven commercial experience as a motion graphic designer.
- Highly motivated, proactive, ability to use own initiative.
- Able to manipulate sound and edit audio clips.
- Able to edit video footage.
- Proficient in using Adobe After Effects
- Exceptional illustration skills and the ability to adapt to different styles.
- The ability to create storyboards, moodboards and styleframes
- A strong eye for design and typography and attention to detail.
- A solid understanding of the technical requirements of digital video such as export settings and resolutions.
- Cinema 4D experience would be a bonus.
- Able to look at their own work subjectively and strive to improve under the guidance of the Senior or Middleweight designer.
- The ability to conceptually interpret written and verbal briefs
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Initiative and a tendency to be proactive
- Being well-organised and systematic, even under pressure
- Enjoying working with team-mates and customers to build long-lasting relationships
- The ability to attend client meetings and represent the business professionally
- A sense of humour is always a plus ;-)
What we're offering
- Gross salary of £19-£21k depending on experience
- Quarterly bonuses
- A personal training budget of £500 per year that will compliment your personal development plan
- Joint-funded workplace pension
- Full time - 37 hours a week (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm)
- 1 hour lunch
- You may be expected to work beyond normal hours to meet deadlines
- 20 days annual leave (plus 8 days bank holiday) and an additional day for every year completed with us
Extra Cool Stuff
- Monthly and quarterly team activities funded by the company
- Bike-to-Work scheme
- 50% off on-site parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Adorable office chocolate labrador
- Early 5pm finish on Fridays
Terms & Conditions
- Subject to a 3 month probationary period
How to apply
Complete the application form here: APPLY NOW