[ROLE FILLED] We're Hiring: Motion Graphics DesignerBy Jonathan English | 3:40 PM on July 3, 2017
We're hiring again!
Yes, the Skeleton team is hoping to add yet another new and brilliant person to our ranks.
We're looking for a Motion Designer to join us, bringing their creative eye and skills to support in the development of animation projects.
If you know someone perfect for the role, please share this post with them. (Details on how to apply are below.)
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
Keep scrolling for the job spec:
Hi. We’re Skeleton, a video production agency that crafts creative and engaging videos for our clients. We’re a friendly, close-knit team of specialists who believe in continually learning and pushing ourselves.
We help diverse businesses & brands from all over the globe to get the most from video (think Boots, Experian, and Box). Our aim is to become the UK’s most-loved B2B video agency famous for our creativity, customer service, and the amazing results we achieve for our clients.
About the role
We’re looking for a talented Motion Designer with a creative eye and the ability to support in the development of animation projects, from storyboarding and asset design to the final animation.
You’ll be working in our colourful main office at the University of Nottingham’s Innovation Park (featuring inspirational fish tank and wall art). You’ll join our Skeleton family, which is small enough that we all know each other’s favourite songs but big enough to allow you to cultivate your own unique skillset.
On a day-to-day basis you’ll be supporting our Senior Motion Graphics Designer and broader team as we work with key clients, from universities to FTSE 100 companies to startups, help turn their ideas into beautifully appealing animation.
In short: we’re looking for a talented, imaginative and passionate Motion Designer that is willing to work hard, learn fast and grow with our business. You enjoy working independently and as part of a team to solve exciting & challenging client problems, creating animations we’re all proud of. If that’s the sort of thing that gets your heart pounding, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll bring to the table
- A demonstrable qualification in a motion graphics-related field, ideally at degree level.
- Excellent illustratration capabilities
- The ability to create storyboards
- Excellent abilities in 2D character design and digital asset creation
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, to aid in the creation of assets
- Excellent understanding of design and typography
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe After Effects
- Knowledge of 3D software such as Maya or 3Ds max or Cinema 4D or blender and the understanding how to manipulate, import and export assets in a 3D environment
- Knowledge of video editing in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Initiative and a tendency to be proactive
- Being well-organised and systematic, even under pressure
- Enjoying working with team-mates and customers to build long-lasting relationships
- The ability to attend client meetings and represent the business professionally
- A sense of humour is always a plus ;0)
What we're offering
- Gross salary of £17,000 - £25,000 (depending on experience)
- Full time - 37 hours a week (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm)
- 1 hour lunch
- You may be expected to work beyond normal hours to meet deadlines
- 20 days annual leave (plus 8 days bank holiday) and an additional day for every year completed with us
Extra Cool Stuff
- Team drinks twice a month
- Monthly pub lunch
- Subsidised University sport/gym membership
- Bike-to-Work scheme
- 50% off on-site parking
- Christmas and Summer parties
- Childcare vouchers
- Adorable office chocolate labrador
- Early 5pm finish on Fridays
- We have Table Tennis & Foosball tournaments and they’re awesome!
Terms & Conditions
- Subject to a 3 month probationary period
How to apply
Visit our specially created Google form and fill in your details. We look forward to hearing from you!