We're hiring again...!
Looking for a role where you can really let your creativity shine? Skeleton has a great opportunity for a passionate and talented Heavyweight Motion Designer with a stellar and diverse skill-set, to join our cracking in-house design team. Far from a "do-as-you're-told" role, with the support of your fellow team, this position empowers you to take ownership of each project from concept to completion.
Details on how to apply are below. Alternatively, if you know someone who you think might be perfect for the role, please share this post with them.
Hi. We're Skeleton, a video content agency that helps ambitious brands from all over the globe do remarkable things with video. With smart thinking and bold creative, our dream is to become the UK's most-loved video agency, famous for our creativity, technical wizardry, and the amazing results we achieve for our clients.
We're a supportive, close-knit team of specialists who are always pushing to create world-changing work through creative collaboration. And we're not a bunch of egos, we just really like what we do.
About the role
As a key member of our creative team, you'll use your high level motion graphics skills to create video content that you can be proud of. Your ability to draw inspiration from the world around you is important in this role; as is presenting your ideas to the team and clients with leadership, confidence and clarity.
You'll be involved in each project from early creative development stages, through asset design, to final delivery.
You're talented, imaginative and passionate about Motion Graphics, with a broad, expert knowledge of different techniques, both 3D to 2D. Your creative inspiration will flex with the individual needs of each project. You enjoy working individually as well as collaborating with the team. You're nimble and resourceful, with fantastic creative problem solving skills. You're great at getting to the heart of the client's objectives and delivering against them with remarkable work.
If you're excited just thinking about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you! Read on for more detail and how to apply.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- With support from the department head, lead the development of 2D and 3D motion graphics projects
- Interpret creative briefs and contribute to the creative development process
- Work with the sales and production team to develop the project scope - including time & resources required
- Create elements for all key production stages from design: style frames, mood boards and storyboards, to asset creation: characters, environments, graphic devices and type, to animation
- Maintain excellent, professional relationships with Skeleton's clients, our internal team and freelancers
- Present work in progress in a timely manner, for peer review
- Work to project schedules and deliver exceptional creative content.
What you'll bring to the table
- 7 years + experience in motion graphics
- The ability to lead on the development of 2D and 3D animation projects
- Capable of designing and animating in 2D and 3D, and creating assets such as characters and vector graphics/ illustrations
- Highly capable in creating style frames, concept mood boards and storyboards
- Excellent understanding and capability in design layout and typography
- Excellent knowledge of Cinema 4D and external renderer Redshift; along with compositing in After Effects and/or other compositing packages
- High level of proficiency in After Effects including 2D character animation. Comfortable in using and manipulating third party plugins such as the Trapcode Suite
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to create animation assets and artwork
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- The ability to manipulate audio, edit music tracks and add sound design using Premiere Pro or Adobe Audition.
- Be passionate about motion graphics and video
- Have a real drive to create work you can be proud of
- Show leadership at every project stage from ideation to execution
- Be up to date on the latest design trends and curious to explore new creative possibilities
- Inspire other team members with your ideas
- Be confident and comfortable presenting your ideas to the team and clients
- Be personable and enjoy working in a team
- Be resourceful, flexible and organised
- Be a great problem solver
- A sense of humour is always a plus ;-)
What we're offering
- Salary TBC dependent on experience
- Joint-funded workplace pension
- Hybrid working model
- 25 days annual leave (plus 8 days bank holidays)
- Access to over 300 offers and discounts via Perkbox
- Professional development pathways
- A personal training budget of £500 per year to complement your personal development plan
- Mental well being encouraged and supported
- Regular social events
- Christmas & Summer parties (Covid dependant)
- Company book-club
- Early 5 pm finish on Fridays
Terms & Conditions
Subject to a 3-month probationary period
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the application form here: APPLY NOW