We're Hiring: Studio ManagerBy Jonathan English | 5:33 PM on September 20, 2018
We're hiring again!
We're looking for an organised and passionate Studio Manager to join our team and help us keep Skeleton a well oiled motion machine as we continue attract and service new and existing client by creating stunning work that opens minds and inspires change.
If you know someone perfect for the role, please share this post with them. (Details on how to apply are below.)
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE DON'T EVEN TRY!
Hi. We’re Skeleton, a video content agency that crafts creative and engaging videos for our clients. We’re a friendly, close-knit team of specialists who believe in continually learning and pushing ourselves.
We help diverse businesses & brands from all over the globe to get the most from video (think Boots, Samsung, and Airbus). Our dream is to become the UK’s most-loved video agency famous for our creativity, technical wizardry, and the amazing results we achieve for our clients.
About the role
We are looking for a studio manager to help us grow the business gracefully by keeping Skeleton a well oiled machine. The Studio Manager is responsible for managing the studio resources and workflow for our video agency including our talented team of producers, editors and motion graphics artists. You will manage the efficient delivery of multiple, concurrent film and animation projects.
You will work closely with our producers and account managers to find the right resource for each job, forecasting capacity, spotting any gaps and filing them appropriately. Continuous scheduling of our resources is essential!
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Project managing productions from brief through to completion including, tasks, outputs, deadlines and team members to deliver projects in on time and on budget.
- Designing and implementing a team capacity / scheduling system
- Maintaining a clear studio schedule for the production team including a forecast of team capacity for live and tentative projects
- Coordinating resources for sales pitches and presentations
- Booking internal production meetings
- Ensuring the Production Management Systems and key production documents are kept up to date for all productions.
- Maintaining budgets for productions and ensuring all financial documents (purchase orders, supplier invoices and receipts) are raised and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Continuously developing and improving of the production process, procedures and documentation
- Quality control of all work that leaves the studio
- Maintain the freelance support database and fully briefing and negotiating with freelance talent as required
- Manage holiday requests and finding suitable cover
- Raising client invoices
- Managing all other administrative tasks to ensure that the office runs smoothly.
What you'll bring to the table
- At least 2+ years’ experience in a studio with a creative, design or video company. Alternatively, experience having worked within a similar role for a large, in-house studio
- Know how to get the best out of a team
- A strong understanding of the creative process (ideally with knowledge of the film and 2D & 3D animation production process)
- Solid knowledge of project management software and experience working with systems to manage project schedules and budgets
- Exceptional organisation and prioritisation skills - we are looking for someone who is analytical and strategic and that can identify and solve problems.
- Understand how to identify and manage risks within a project
- Strong communication skills (written and verbally)
- Excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Strong IT knowledge and skills
- A clean driving license
- Have grace under pressure, plus excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Initiative and a tendency to be proactive
- Seek to solve problems in a positive way, exploring alternative solutions and clearly communicate the pros and cons of different approaches
- An eye for both quality and profit
- Being well-organised and systematic, even under pressure
- Enjoying working with team-mates and customers to build long-lasting relationships
- The ability to attend client meetings and represent the business professionally
- A sense of humour is always a plus ;-)
What we're offering
- Gross salary of £25-35k depending on experience
- Quarterly bonuses
- A personal training budget of £500 per year that will compliment your personal development plan
- Joint-funded workplace pension
- Full time - 37.5 hours a week (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm)
- 1 hour lunch
- You may be expected to work beyond normal hours to meet deadlines
- 20 days annual leave (plus 8 days bank holiday) and an additional day for every year completed with us
Extra Cool Stuff
- Monthly and quarterly team activities funded by the company
- Bike-to-Work scheme
- 50% off on-site parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Adorable office chocolate labrador
- Early 5pm finish on Fridays
Terms & Conditions
- Subject to a 3 month probationary period
How to apply
Complete the application form here: APPLY NOW